Remember, always add more or less of ingredients you love or could do without. Substitutions here are always welcome…think any pepper of your choosing, extra herbs you love, sub feta for another cheese you like best (or no cheese to my vegan friends)! Don’t like vinegar or olives? Forget about them! (Even though I think they both make the dish…but to each their own.)
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut to bite size pieces*
- 2 Tablespoons shallot, diced
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to your preference
- Juice of 1/4 lemon, more or less to taste
- Serve with toasted gyro, pita, or sourdough bread
Instructions and hints:
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and enjoy with that toasty bread! Make sure to taste at the end to know if you need extra salt, pepper, lemon, herbs, oil, or vinegar.
*To cut up the cucumbers, cut them in half, then cut each in half again going along the length of the cucumber. Cut AGAIN down the length to now have spears…from there chop each spear into bite size triangles.