No one needs 24 cupcakes at a time. No one is feeding an army. Accept maybe my kitchen soul sister living the army spousal life. (Hey girl…)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (if its hot out, don’t let it melty)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk, room temperate
- pinch of salt (roughly 1/4 teaspoon)
The How To:
Preheat oven to 350. Line 6 cupcake tins with liners.
Place butter in a large mixing bowl. Using either a standing mixer or hand held, beat butter on medium speed till soft, about 15-30 seconds. Add in the remain ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, egg, milk, and pinch of salt. Staring on a low speed, mix together. Once dry ingredients are incorporated turn the mixer up to medium high speed for another minute to minute and a half.
Divide into cupcake liners. Bake for 20-24 minutes or a tooth pick comes out clean or with a crumb or two. Allow to cool in tin until you can handle removing them to allow to completely cool.
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly cooler than room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- milk, to help thin the frosting
Place butter in a medium mixing bowl, or use a standing mixer, beat on medium until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and start with a splash of milk or a 1/2 tablespoon. Start on a lower speed and work up to a higher speed. Beat on a high speed for about 1-2 minutes, feel free to add any gel food coloring you would like! Add milk a teaspoon at a time to reach your desired consistency. Spoon or pipe onto your completely cooled cupcakes!